Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Recipe Review: Stovetop Easy Chicken Bake




Link to recipe: http://brands.kraftfoods.com/stovetop/ (click on hearty meals)
Occasionally I will try new recipes. When I do I will do my best to post them here and let you all know how they turn out so if they are great, maybe you will want to try them.
This recipe was surprisingly good although I put my own twist on it. I used more veggies. I used a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower (my favorite veggie) and a 12 oz bag of mixed carrots, green beans and corn. I am glad I did because it was great.
One warning, I pulled the casserole out of the oven at 30 minutes as directed and looked at the chicken, it was still practically raw. So I cooked it for an extra 30 minutes and it came out perfect. Just make sure you look under all that stuffing and make sure your chicken is cooked!
I am including a few pictures, one before the casserole went in the oven (2nd pic) and one when it was done (1st pic).


1 comment:

TheWebWalker said...

Hi April, I will try this recipe tonight! Here is a link to another recipe you might like:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx
It is one of my favorites, and soo easy. Like you, I put my own twist on it... I use the SPICY diced tomatoes, plus I marinate the chicken in McCormick's Spicy Southwest Grill marinade (prepared from their dry mix) before I put the chicken in the dish. Try it, I am anxious to hear if you like it.
Hugs for the Holidays and Christmas Cheer to you!
Susan